1. Itís amazing how we blame ourselves, [I was] certain that somehow cosmically Iíd caused that accident . . . Itís probably just human nature to try to make sense of things.
2. There is no balance, and no retribution, and no rules. The rules and balances you blather about are hopeful creations of a man fearing death.
3. And what about dreams? Thatís got to figure inóbut what I wanted, really, was every option, simultaneously. Not in some parallel or irrelevant universe, but here. I wanted to stop and work at the field hospital and fall in love with the local beauty, but also be home in a week so I could do so many other things, fifty life-directions all seemed equally appealing and possibleÖ
4. On one hand, expectations can inspire you, but then again, they can really let you down. Iím just not ready to be let down quite yet . . . one day . . . Iíll take a chance again, in the horrible face of expectation, and maybe itíll even be worth it.
5. I think the scariest part is realizing that sometimes bad things just happen, no reason, no purpose, they just occur. And weíre left to pick up the pieces. I guess thatís what weíre all doing, all the time, just picking up the pieces the best we can.
6. And even if we knew something, had read something, were almost sure of something, we wouldnít ever know the truth or come anywhere close to it. The truth had to be seen . Anything else was a story.
7. You know nothing until you are there. Nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. With this knowledge -- that you know nothing but what you see -- things get more complicated.
8. I guess when your heart gets broken, you sort of see the cracks in everything. Iím convinced that tragedy wants to harden us, and that our mission is never to let it.
9. On one hand, expectations can inspire you, but then again, they can really let you down.
10. You canít ever guess at life, at pain. All pain is real, and all pain is personal. Itís the most personal thing we have.
11. Love is complicated, full of sacrifice and compromise. But, maybe thatís the best part. When you see someone in love you want to do whatever you can for them because the truth is...you want to be them.
12. Love is implicit in every connection. It should be. Thus when absent it makes us insane.
13. At that moment I was sure. That I belonged in my skin. That my organs were mine and my eyes were mine and my ears, which could only hear the silence of this night and my faint breathing, were mine, and I loved them and what they could do.
14. I had that feeling you always get when youíve arrived somewhere unconscionable: you wonder what went wrong in the world to allow you to be there. You want to go back. You want to have never left home.
15. Maybe getting over someone youíre in love with isnít impossible. Unless, maybe you donít actually get over it. Maybe you just learn to live with it.
16. So often lately I have believed that if we put ourselves somewhere that we will be answered and there will be a reason.
17. Iíve become a real believer in not defining every single thing. Seems like everytime you think youíve figured out what something is, it just becomes something else.
18. In any city, in any cluster or people, there are a few people who are awake at this hour, who are both awake and dancing, and itís here that we need to be.
19. I guess, Iím learning little by little that we decide what our lives are gonna be. Things happen to us. But itís our reactions that matter.
20. I thought for a second that around the bend in the road there would be light and clarity and youíd be there and it would be like some kind of surprise party, you know what I mean?
1. Felicity, 2. Velocity, 3. Velocity, 4. Felicity, 5. Felicity, 6. Velocity, 7.Velocity, 8. Felicity, 9. Felicity, 10. Velocity, 11. Felicity, 12. Velocity, 13. Velocity, 14. Velocity, 15. Felicity, 16. Velocity, 17. Felicity, 18. Velocity, 19. Felicity, 20.Velocity
B R A V E S O U L S R E C E I V E
Archive of Recent Activities
Area For Textual Encounter
Busking Total To Date: $73.37
Last Year Today
LET IT BE WIDELY KNOWN THAT
there's this huge thing in philly tomorrow
& THE FIRST LADY OF A LITERARY ILK
ARRIVES FOR ESCORTING OPPORTUNITIES